Friday, October 17, 2008

Fitness Fridays - October 17, 2008

Oh bloggy buddies, I have missed you this past week. Things here at Momsterville have been I N S A N E. Seriously. So much has been going on, that I don't think I could even begin to tell you about it in a post...so.... instead let's share something for Fitness Fridays.

Just a few things that I learned at my Dr's visit a few weeks ago where I asked him to address the fact that I am having a hard time losing weight.
  1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Don't skip on this. It'll help you feel full and also flush your system. Water gives you healthier looking skin. Believe me.... water is a good thing! And if you're like me and you have any of those plastic tumblers around that Walmart sells in the summer months, one of those equals 3 servings of water...I measured it. So gulp, gulp, gulp away.
  2. Try to get in 30 minutes of exercise each morning. Whether you walk, jog, ride a bike...but 30 minutes! Every day... no holidays or weekend breaks allowed. This helps you to do two things: You'll get your exercise out of the way for the day AND you're metabolism will get a kick start that will help you throughout your day.
  3. Try to evenly spread out your meals. Right now I'm living by the 7/12/6 idea. That means, I have breakfast at 7, lunch around 12 and then at 6, we have dinner. Of course, I have to adjust this schedule on school days and nights, but so far, it seems to be working for me.

And there you have it - Slacker Tips for Dieting. LOL That sounds funny to me. But apparently this is working...my favorite (means most comfortable) blue jeans are getting baggy. I can feel the changes in my body... but I'm not weighing myself until the end of the month. I don't want to jinx it and become a weighing-obsessed momster.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Tell someone how much you love them...it's something we all love to hear.

Toodles,

The Momster

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Those are awesome tips! I also highly recommend the wii fit, I'v lost 5.7 pounds in a matter of two or three weeks. I swear I'm becoming the wii fit spokeswoman for how much I pimp them out!

sheila said...

Good tips. But I heard on the news just last week that we don't need 8 glasses of water daily anymore. Or is that wrong?

Also, banana's are supposed to fill ya up.

The Momster said...

Mandy, we are on the search for the Fit. I could kick myself...when they first came out, I was at Target and there were a TON of them on the shelf..but I wasn't sure. HA!
Sheila, I asked him the same thing basically. He reminded me of all the benefits of drinking water and said it couldn't hurt. I've also heard of people who drink 1/2 of their body weight...but then, I might drown! Bananas are good for you...but they make me sick. I know, no banana pudding :(

Scrappy Girl said...

Great tips! Glad you are seeing some positive results from your dieting.

As for the Twilight movie guide...I am going on a date with dr. hubby tomorrow and you can bet I will be hunting me down one. If I can't find it I am going to come home and order one from Amazon! The soundtrack comes out Nov 4th. On Oct. 28th an unofficial guide to the twilight saga comes out. And of course on Dec 30th the official guide comes out!

So much twilight goodness to look forward to!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Just what I needed to read after a week of emotional eating. ;) Seriously, though, I wanted to thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers this week. They meant (mean) more than I can say. It's been a difficult week, but - yes - it does help knowing that we all will see Rosie again one day.