Sunday, October 12, 2008

C.O.W. October 12, 2008

First off, I have to give out a big YIPPEE! Midterms are behind me and I am hoping to enjoy the few days that I have off from my classes this week. If feels like I've won the lottery just by not having to leave and go sit in lectures. My Biology mid-term - yikes! I did not perform up to my personal standards, but I didn't expect to do well...and actually got a better grade than I thought I would. Astronomy - took that one of Friday so I guess I won't know my grade until I go back to school. I need to sit down and calculate everything up.

So on to the COW... First, I need to get serious about The Doodlebug's Halloween costume. I've told her if I don't have a majority of it done by Tuesday morning, we may have to go costume shopping. I'd really like to have this one done and put away so that I can focus on some other stuff around the house. Second, I need to allow myself to refocus on my school work. I feel like all I do is eat, breathe, and sleep biology and astronomy. I've got to find some sort of balance. I'm thinking that I need to find a way to really make what my professors are saying sink in so I have the feeling I'm going to change the way that I study. Experiment a little bit - maybe even practice some self-teaching - because they are both very 'scientific-technical' when it comes to our lectures and that's part of where I've gotten lost recently.

What about you? Have any special projects coming up this week?

2 comments:

sheila said...

I'm going to try and seal leaks in our house this week to prepare for winter. (caulking, checking windows, vents, furnace filter, etc).

I may even dole out some empty laundry baskets to my kids so that they can walk around the house and put all their CRAP into it that is collecting here and there and take it to their own room.

Clutter is a big issue here the last couple months (hummm, since I've started blogging, what a co-inky-dink)

Mandy said...

Congrats on surviving Mid-terms! I roll into mine this week, the mix of being a mommy and student sure be hectic sometimes, huh...