Friday, September 26, 2008

Randomness

Is that really a word? But today I am all about the randomness of life.

My Mom called earlier. She wanted to know if I would like to go and have all of my arteries scanned for blockages. What? Seems there's something going on at one of the local churches next month where you can have this done. I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, do I want to know that there's a problem with me before it becomes a big problem? I think she could tell I was a little put off. I know we have a family history (with my Dad) but I'm still young enough (at least in my mind) that I don't want to have to worry about this right now. Anybody got an opinion on this one???? Please?

I've been trying harder lately to keep in touch with my sister. She works at a Dr's office in town. I hardly ever see her, really only at the holidays and stuff like that. She's 10 + years older than I am. She was a stay at home mom for probably 23 years and she went back to school so that she could work in a Dr's office. I've been consciously making myself email her. She wants to discuss our parents' anniversary party. She has the same concerns about it as I do. This is usually her forte, hence my recent panic about the entire thing.

Today I'm really in a funk. I think it has to do with my astronomy class. He started throwing theorems at us today. Do you realize how long it's been since I've had to worry about those? I think it was 1985. I'm just really praying that by God's grace I can maintain a B in this class until December 11th. I have a 'take home' quiz that is due at exactly 11 am on Monday morning. Fun fun fun.

The Doodlebug and I are going to watch Penelope tonight. Maybe do our nails. Experiment with her hair since it's growing out. I think I need to invest in a good straightener for her hair now. She has such thick hair! She wants to let it grow out some and get it layered (towards her face). She is growing up so very, very fast. Part of me loves it because we have such a good time together and the other part of me...well, is sad. Sad because I have realized lately she isn't hugging her penguin, Kelly, when I go in to check on her at night. She is growing up. Each day she changes before my eyes.

I think I should end here and go vacuum.... what? Did I actually say that???? Good grief!

4 comments:

The Source said...

Oh, I don't know, I might go ahead and get my arteries scanned if I had the chance. Actually I think I'd get a body scan inside out and head to toe. I think I'd want to find out the bad things before it's too late and I'm given a length of time or facing major surgery. Because if your arteries are just beginning to get gunky, you can turn that around and get healthy and live long, happy years! I just wouldn't want to know if I'm going to go completely out of my mind unless there's something that could be done.

McEwens said...

Nah, you shouldnt vaccum! WHY do that! Go get the ole ticker checked, cant hurt

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I say why not get everything checked out. and Oh the kids grow up so quickly... enjoy your time together. And tell me, am I weird because I love to vacuum?

beth - total mom haircut said...

I realized yesterday that I now officially have a pre-schooler and a toddler - no baby anymore. They do grow quickly. Although neither of mine hugs a penguin at night. More likely a matchbox car:)