Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Mania continues...

Actually today hasn't been that bad of a day. Went to campus and back. Paid $4.49 a gallon for gas...let's just say, I did not fill up the tank! Got Friday's quiz back...got a 100! Came home. Threw dinner in the crockpot. Did a little research and some homework. Picked The Doodlebug up from school and helped her with her math homework. Listened to her tell me that Stalker Boy asked one of her friends to go to the next dance. She is so funny! She said something like "at least NOW he gets it!" Of course, he tried to make her the prime target in a game of dodgeball in the gym last week. I think she said she creamed him though. Ah, that's my girl!

Had Biology tonight. Got back the first test we took last week. I'm happy...I got a 90, which was the highest grade at our table. I was shocked though, considering all the extra 'fun' reading I've been doing lately. This test had a lot of discussion questions. We may or may not get back our lab test on Wednesday night...so only time will tell.

Finished reading the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, from the Twilight Saga. All I am going to say is that I was a wee bit disappointed in how it all came to end. But I still enjoyed them... now I'm curious to see how the movie is going to turn out. The Doodlebug has already marked the date on her calendar. We are having a Girls Night Out apparently...which is fine with me. She's so funny, she really is a lot of fun to hang out with. It's amazing...but I think this entire middle school experience is making us closer... who would have thought that??? Plus she had a friend over this weekend and she told me later that they all like hanging out with me... which is good. Because I want my house to be the one where the kids want to hang out. I want them to feel comfortable around me. The three of us were up around 3 Saturday morning, sitting downstairs in the living room...just talking.

I've been doing some thinking about what my next step is going to be in regards to school. I'm seriously considering enrolling in a program where I would teach 4-8 grade students. I love kids of all ages, and sometimes it bothers me to exclude kindergarten or first grade from my plans, but in all honesty, I think this might be a great idea...or at least something for me to pray about and look further into. You know, maybe the problems with the other school starting their program in time for me to enroll this fall was just God's way of changing my path? I need to reflect on that a while.

Aside from that, I'll take my first astronomy exam on Wednesday. I'm thinking that mid-terms have to be coming up at some point and there's always a relief then...the semester will be almost over...yeah!

6 comments:

Jo said...

I feel i have a really good relationship with my two kids and their friends. I want my kids as well as their friends to feel comfortable being here and know this a safe place to hang out at.

Way to go with all of your schooling, keep up the amazing job!

HUGS

McEwens said...

HOLY COW!! That was some costly gas!!! We need to do something about this economy!

The Source said...

Gas was anywhere from $4.99 to 5.49 a gallon here yesterday depending on which station and IF they had gas. Most stations didn't have any. Or that's what they're saying anyway. It's limiting our outtings that's for sure.

In my opinion, you'd be making a wise decision to go with the 4-8 grades. Although, it could just be that I would go out of my mind in a room full of 4 year olds day after day. :) You'll end up making the right decision in the end.

Scrappy Girl said...

The twilight movie comes out the day before my birthday so I want to have a girls night out! I can't wait! I am on book #3...you read through those fast! WOW!

The Momster said...

Scrappy, I am a fast reader. Used to drive my friends INSANE when we were in school and had a reading assignment.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm so happy you are doing so well in school!!! And not so happy about the current price of gas...