Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall Is Around The Corner...

Today we have had an overcast day. That means that the temperatures have been somewhat bearable... it's been nice. Driving home I think I actually noticed some leaves changing colors. Of course, since the drought the past few years, it could not be the seasonings bringing along the changes, but I like to have some wishful thinking here.

When The Doodlebug was little, I always decorated the house for all of the holidays. Fall was one of my favorites. Now granted, I'm not a big fan of the color orange...but I love it in the fall. I love the crispness of the orange, gold and burgundy leaves that litter our yard. I love the way they feel underfoot. Everything seems sharper in the fall...like there's an electrical charge in the air.

I'm thinking about pulling the fall stuff out of the attic. I want to decorate the mantel and the dining room. I'm also considering decorating the front yard again this year but I'm not sure if I have the time to really work on that.

Do you decorate for fall? and if so, when do you start?

3 comments:

The Source said...

I go ALL out for fall. I change the flag by the front steps to the one that says, "Welcome to the Nut House!" It has squirrels playing in falling leaves. That's fall-ish, right?

Have fun decorating!! I wish someone would do my yard. I think I'm too lazy.

Scrappy Girl said...

Autumn is my favorite season of all AND orange is my favorite color. Now that the two little ones are almost 3 and 4 I am finding that I have the energy and motivation to decorate. My items have been in storage for a couple years. I even bought a few new things and I have a plan for my porch.

The Momster said...

Source, my mother has been saying for weeks that we need to get some fall wreaths for our doors. All I could think is that there are afternoons when I'm sweating buckets in the car rider line...I don't want to buy a wreath! LOL

I seriously believe that I'll probably not do anything outside. I can't see finding the time... but we will go all out for Christmas. :)