Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Doodlebug

The Doodlebug has informed me that she would like some picture editing software. I think she mentioned Photoshop we she was asking about it. Why? Because has discovered all kinds of neat things that can be done with the program.

In just the last few months, she's discovered computer graphic art. I was cleaning up the computer the other day and ran across these. She uses Paint. Wow is all I can say. I have an extremely hard time using Paint to even make a header and she has taught herself to do this!!!!

I don't think she'll mind me sharing her work... This is Cascada. She is actually just one of 5 pictures that she has taught herself how to animate. I'm quite impressed. BTW, I think Cascada is a cat.


This is Nora. Nora has four other pictures and they animate as well. I think she created this one for one of her friends.









Krystal is another animated cat.



Then she has a friend who asked her if she could draw him a picture of Scourge - I think he has something to do with the Sonic games. This is what she came up with....




And that concludes today's tour of The Doodlebug's artwork. At least the work that she has put on the computer recently. In her room, she has this huge portfolio of art ... she loves to doodle...therefore, she is truly a Doodlebug.

5 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Your Doodlebug has some real talent! Now I feel completely puzzled as to why the Husband often calls our Tongginator a Doodlebug. (She displays talent in many areas, but - alas - art is not one of them. Only shhh... don't tell her that.)

The Momster said...

OH there is another reason why she is the Doodlebug. He heard it in a movie...LOL...and he thought it was adorable, so she became The Doodlebug when she was little. But whenever she would ask me why we called her that, I'd say it's because you like to draw. :)
I figured that was better than the other definition of Doodle :)

Scrappy Girl said...

Wow! Doodlebug has got talent! Manga Dork has got to see these drawings. She loves to get the "How to Draw Manga" books.

The Source said...

She's really good! Is she interested in doing something with art when she growns up or is it a hobby? My oldest is amazing and he only picks up a pencil when he feels like it. Drives me out of my mind. He will NOT take so much as one art class for fear he might have to draw something someone ELSE says.

She's got talent. She could go places with it!

The Momster said...

Scrappy, I recently bought her a 'kit' at michaels where she could draw her own cartoons... I don't think she's really done much with it. She prefers to 'steal' my printer paper and draw on it.

Source, I'm not sure. I think she would rather draw more than anything else. There are times when I'm in awe of what she is capable of..one of the reasons we're seriously considering purchasing the software. I just wish I had 1/10th the talent...