Sunday, September 28, 2008

Crisis...

What is it with the gas shortages around here??? I went to the store today and realized after our trip to the museum yesterday, I need gas. I could not find any gas stations where there was not an unrealistic line. I know it may not seem crazy to you, but to me...if you sit, with your car idling in a LONG line of cars, just to buy gas...how is that being helpful? What about the gas you are burning while you are just sitting there with the car running? Not to mention the fact that people are turning major roadways into turning lanes.

I have enough gas to make it to and from school tomorrow. Then I foresee that I will probably panic. I think I might try my luck much later tonight...in hopes that all the people are at home watching TV. But who knows? I'm going to ask my professor tomorrow if I can go ahead and turn in my lab that is due on Tuesday, just in case. He's the one who frequently mentions this mess about gas. I mean, I'm certainly not going to drive that far for a 50 minute class only to turn around and come back to the house. So we'll see...

I hope to post some pictures from our museum exploration this week. We had such a good time. I only wish that the museum here was bigger. It makes me want to take The Doodlebug to DC to the Smithsonian.

So I'm off to an afternoon of laundry and studying. Doesn't that sound like fun?

3 comments:

Mandy said...

My city just fell below the national average on gas prices 3.30 or something like that, but so far no gas shortages, I hope that doesn't hit here. Yikes. Best of luck finding some liquid food for your car soon! That has to suck!

The Source said...

Same thing here. Friends that own a station say that it has to do with a pipeline that serves the southeast and it should be better in about two weeks. Not sure I believe it, but it's the same here...one or two stations actually have gas and the lines are backed out into the highways with police directing traffic. And limits on how much you can buy. It sucks. We've had to cancel swim practice until I know I can find gas reliably because I have to save the gas I do find to drive the kids to school...no school busses to our house.

The Momster said...

I was able to find it around 9:45 tonight. I just drove up into town and one of the stations was open and had gas...thank goodness! I had already resigned myself to missing classes this week because obviously it would not be good to get there and not be able to get back home!

Two weeks though...I don't know if I can survive with the insanity that brings the police out to direct gas station traffic!