Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wishy Washy Wednesday

Day three into middle school life and things are going well. The Doodlebug came home yesterday to tell me that she made two new friends. One of the girls is in almost all of her classes. They all have science together, which is when they go to lunch, so I was glad to hear that she had made some new friends to eat lunch with. She seems very happy but exhausted at bedtime...which I think is a good sign.

My classes start back next week. I finally signed up for a biology course and an astronomy course. Both classes meet at night...on the actual campus...so I'll be spending a lot of time in my car. But they were the best option for me considering that I didn't want to have to make that drive 4 days a week. Astronomy is a one night a week lecture with another night where we'll do labs. Biology is a hybrid. Some class time on campus for labs and such but then everything else, we do online. This means at the most, I'll be driving to campus only three days a week. I'll take that. I can survive that until December 12th. Then I have no idea what I'm going to do next. I did submit my graduation application to the registrar's office last week. After the classes meet next week, I'll start thinking about what I'm going to do next. But why is it that, really, this doesn't get any easier as we get older?

I'm trying to figure out how to juggle our schedules since I'll need to leave earlier for classes this semester. I've got to figure out what to do about dinners. We generally do not eat dinner any later than 6. I'll be leaving well before that time so I'm going to have to get a little creative if I plan on feeding us all. I have to be careful about when I eat at night because of my reflux. We are trying to watch what we have in general because of his cholesterol issues. Basically I need to think fast but healthy. And you can only eat so much grilled chicken! I have the feeling that crockpot is going to see a lot more use. Especially once the weather has cooled off enough so that we can have more soups and stews.

It's been raining on and off since last night. Which is a good thing - we still need the rain. I think I'm going to spend this morning catching up on laundry.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I, too, return to full-time classes next week. And I have also been eyeing the crock pot more intensely. That may be our saving grace when my hubby is out of town (he generally does most of the cooking - yes, I am really lucky).

Good luck with the new schedule.