Wednesday, August 27, 2008

W4MW - Anti-Slacker Cleaning



I'll admit it. I'm one of those people who does well if she writes down what needs to be accomplished. I learned this about myself many years ago. I could have been the person that the entire idea of time management was created for...because I believe if it's in print, it has to be accomplished.


So, in order to keep things running smoothly here at home, I have a schedule. It's nothing grand...but it helps me keep things in perspective. It's a way to keep the 'high traffic' sections of our home clean and tidy. Each day has a laundry schedule, what part of the house is to be vacuumed and mopped and then the room that gets the attention that day. I like to work with this schedule in addition to my C.O.W.


It works for me. To see more Works For Me Wednesday ideas, go visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.


4 comments:

The Source said...

I lke your chart, but I do things a little differently. Since I have a built-in work force here, I have a housecleaning manual. On Saturday they are handed a page and that's their job for the day. Step-by-step instructions on cleaning a bathroom, laundry detail, kitchen duty, etc. Of course we have multiple loads of laundry through the week, but that's mostly my job. Anyway, the whole house is cleaned in literally an hour or two. Want to borrow my laborers??

jen said...

I'm the same way. I have to write a schedule in order to get anything done, and I've been tweaking my schedule for years to try and find out what works for me. I like the way you've organized yours, and may give something like this a whirl!

(found you on W4MW)

jenzug
http://www.thispile.com

Scrappy Girl said...

I am a writer-downer too! I am in the process of coming up with a new back to school schedule. I have some projects that really need my attention too.

Kirby3131 said...

I think I would probably do better if I had a daily list. I tend to think about it all day and finally get everything accomplished a few days later during some marathon cleaning.

I like your idea! Thanks