Friday, August 1, 2008


Let's see -how have I done this past week???


1. I walked probably a total of 8 miles between Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon. We walked the entire circuit in Pigeon Forge and then we hit the concrete again on Thursday morning and walked all over Gatlinburg. (There's a post in here about some of the stuff you see people wearing on vacation...I only wish I had taken pictures!) Which brings up this discussion...it is very important to have a good pair of shoes if you're going to be doing that much walking. I have a new pair of Reebox ... I bought them not for comfort...but for the fact that they have pink on them! They are nice and cushy in the toes and give my toes room to wiggle - which is important, because since I broke my toes a few years ago, they don't wiggle all that well...but I digress.


2. Eating - ah we did okay. Not great choices (we went to Golden Corral----my arteries clogged when we walked into the place). But we did have fruit. And we drank lots of water. Ate small meals except for that unfortunate choice. Overall, not too bad considering.


3. Went shopping today (hence the late post) for a few 'back-to-school' items for The Doodlebug. Looked for something for myself. Let's just say - I found N O T H I N G. I am disappointed. My mother went with us and at one point were were just like 'blah'. Found a few cute things though for The Doodlebug so all in all it was a lot of fun.So what are my goals for this week? Well, later tonight I'll be moving my living room furniture out of the living room as my new stuff comes T O M O R R O W! I was afraid they'd call while we were gone...they called yesterday.


This next week I need to focus on starting back with my walking and I also need to clean out the pantry for any bad food choices. The UIC is having some issues and went today for a series of tests, including a stress test. I'm trying not to worry, but then again, I think this is a wake up call for all of us. Time to get healthy. For myself. For my family. For our future.


What about you? Any healthy goals for this upcoming week?Oh and tune in tomorrow --- I'll reveal the 3 Truths and 1 Lie....

No comments: