Well, last night I decided to do a little looking around as to why I have not heard ANYTHING else about my application into the new Special Education program at a local university. I mean, they've cashed my application check. I've checked the local application status webpage more than I care to admit to make sure that there is nothing else that is missing...
When I searched further and found, hidden on a webpage that I am hoping is outdated, some additional information that is required. Now, let me ask you this....do you not think there is someone out there at this university whose job it is to make sure all the ducks are in a row? Because if there is, they have obviously overlooked everything about my application! No follow up of any sort. And I am steamed. Because it's not like I had a conversation with the admissions person a few months back. I did what I thought was expected of me. But now...???
So I called my beloved mother this morning to talk this situation through. I could probably get everything handled within the next few days that they need. But this is added pressure on top of the CLEP. And what if it is too late to get admitted seeing how classes start soon? Is it even worth it to take the CLEP if that's the case? Should I just go back and enroll in the normal classes?
I emailed the admissions person, just casually asking about my status. I have also been looking at my 'current' college's website to see if there are any spaces remaining in Biology and Astronomy, or any other lab science that is available. There are---which is extremely rare at this point...these classes are always FULL. There is actually an online Biology class - which I'm sure means they met on Saturdays, which would be okay and then there is a biology class that is taught at the local high school on Monday nights with labs on Wednesdays. There's also an astronomy class on M, W, F from 11 - 11:50 with labs on T from 11-12:50. There are open slots in all of these classes. I have to be enrolled SOMEWHERE as I have a student loan that I took out last year...and I don't want to have to start making payments on it NOW.
What gets me is that I just turned down an opportunity to sub teaching first grade for the first few weeks of school. Because of my own school situation. I could have taken it and taken the weekend Biology and just enrolled in the night Astronomy class (another option - which obviously isn't my first choice). I am just sick to my stomach.
My Mom, in all her infinite wisdom, reminded me that sometimes God has other plans for us and that I didn't need to worry, everything would work out just fine. I love her so much. She reminded me that sometimes I forget that there is someone else in charge of the bigger picture. Maybe I just need to go ahead and enroll in my science classes and see where my path leads. Maybe I should enroll in the Early Childhood Education program rather than the Special Ed coursework since I enjoy working with little kids so much. Maybe I should stop trying to rush things along - and enjoy the time that I have. And it leads me to think that maybe I should have enjoyed our vacation a little bit more rather than feeling rushed to study for this CLEP test. Because maybe there's a reason why I need to be enrolled in these classes?
The saga continues --- but maybe it's time that I listen to what God is trying to tell me rather than rushing through like a bulldozer at high speed? Thoughts? Comments?