Friday, August 15, 2008

Fitness Fridays - August 15th


Well, I have a confession to make. There has been absolutely NO FITNESS going on around here. I've been more like a walking zombie for the most part...and I know I'll regret it come Monday night - because I'll have to take that monumental walk across campus because there are no parking lots near any of the buildings that I need to go to.... shame on me!

But I also wanted to share the following with you. Did you know that you should only weigh yourself once a week if you are dieting? It's true - the fluctuations that vary are enough to drive you insane so they say that you should pick one day a week and stick to it.

You also should be consistent and wear the same thing (or nothing) and try to weigh yourself around the same time each week. And use the same scales. But if you are like me...I get on the scales, then get back off. Then get back on again. And if the number is different, guess what? I have to get back on again. I could probably spend a good 10 minutes with the 'what is my weight, really' debate in the morning...

On a final note, if you have reached your goal weight, it is important to weigh yourself daily. It just helps you with a reality check on how things are going.