Friday, August 29, 2008

Fitness Friday is here again...

Where does the time go? Seriously.

This week, I am going to set some goals for my Fitness Fridays post. I need some goals. In writing. Just like that cleaning schedule. Because if it's in print and I don't accomplish it, then I'll know that I've done something wrong.

Goal #1: Plan out our weekly menu. What does this have to do with fitness? Well it's simple. If you aren't prepared, you might find yourself eating the last piece of chocolate cake that your Mom sent home with you Thursday afternoon...for breakfast on Friday morning. Yeah. Been there. Done that (today).
Goal #2: Since I go to campus 4 days a week, that means that I'm getting in a fair share of walking. But I need to make sure that I'm also walking and/or getting some sort of cardiovascular exercise at home...so I am going to say that I'm going to 'work out' 3x this week in addition to walking. I also want to try to find out how far it is that I am walking across campus, so that I can calculate that into my weekly exercise goals.
Goal #3: Getting more sleep. I'm really bad at this one. Maybe worse with this than the eating chocolate cake for breakfast. I need to make sure that my body is having enough down time so that I can function during my awake hours. This has always been a hard task for me so I'm hoping this week I can start to turn it around.
Goal #4: Try on my cooler weather clothes - and find something that's a tad bit too snug and make that my first goal. It's all about baby steps. Maybe 'feeling' my clothes relax would be a good motivator.
I think 4 goals is a good, rounded number for the week. What about you? Got any health/fitness goals that you're working towards? Leave me a message and we'll try to support each other in this quest. Afterall, there's power in the numbers ...

6 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Thank you for your comment on Manga Dork's situation. She is going camping this weekend and I am going to get my butt in gear and make some plans and changes while she is gone.

The Momster said...

Scrappy, I feel your pain. I think it's such a shame that kids are under so much pressure - but it's even worse when their BFF's are the ones driving the bus, so to speak.
I made a decision this year that The Doodlebug wasn't going to be subjected to a lot of junk for snacks. Granted, having braces has helped...but then apples are out. No carrots either. At least not for now as her teeth hurt too much. I found myself buying those 100 calorie snack packs. Reduced-fat peanut butter. Low calorie pudding packs. Things so that she (and I) don't feel deprived. I also think that karate has done a lot to boost her fitness level as Walter is great about explaining the importance of exercise and being healthy.
But I remember peer pressure and being curvy and worrying. Nobody ever bothered to tell me just because I was 'developed' that I had a healthy weight. I was also tall. Which made it much worse .. at least in my mind.
Keep us posted on Manga Dork. She's in my thoughts and prayers. As are you.... :)

McEwens said...

great goals! I too, need to sit down, make a written plan, and work on my extra fluff!

The Source said...

I soooo need to lose about 25-30 pounds (or more) before our trip to the BVI's in March. Better get started, huh? I don't want the boat heeling over on my side.

Anna said...

I think it's a good idea for me to start thinking about losing some weight now...since the holidays are right around the corner. Need to get ready for all those parties and events.

Great post!

Kelsey said...

What wonderful goals!