Saturday, August 9, 2008

Earring Drama...

We should be preparing for Monday morning, but instead I have been out trying to find out what to do about The Doodlebug's pierced ears. We are having a hard time with them...so after discussing this with her doctor and a few friends, I headed out to go earring shopping - by myself. Oh and to pick up some Bacitracin in case we need it. I have been to Walmart, Target, Kohls and finally Claire's, where I saw a girl get arrested for shoplifting...that was an adventure in itself!

At least at Claire's I was able to find another pair of earrings. I think when we originally had them done, they were done incorrectly. It is my fault -- I am the one that thought this 'piercing place' would be a great choice. After the piercing gun locked up on her ear, I should have taken that as a sign. But anyhow, I bought another pair of piercing earrings and talked to them about what was the best way, in their opinion, to heal her ears. Their staff was great - and I came home and did what we discussed and put in the piercing earrings and for once my poor child did not cry. Miracle! In all honesty, I believe the first pair of earrings were just too small for her earllobes. This have some 'wiggle' room...and they remind me of the earrings I had my ears pierced with 28 years ago - and I loved them.

So that's our morning in a nutshell. I seriously need to get busy cleaning the house and catching up on the laundry. She'll go back to classes on Monday and I'll follow suite the following week. I'd really like to have everything in order around here. That sounds like a good idea for the C.O.W.

Hope you are enjoying your day :)

3 comments:

Kirby3131 said...

Ear piercing - Oh geeez. Brings back all types of memories. I hope her ears react well to the new earrings.

Good for her for not crying!! That's a blessing :)

Scrappy Girl said...

Ouch! Sounds like a crazy ear piercing adventure! Manga Dork's went fine, but I still have two to go...Hope all goes well for Doodlebug.

Slacker MOM II said...

I had both girls done at Claire's in NY and M's done down in GA. I do not like the gun thingie for alot of reasons. Anyway, after J got them out of their ears, they have been fine. He had to use plyers to remove them. Hope she is feeling better and yes I do remember the tears. Heck, when my sis and I were much younger, I use to watch her pass out when I put earrings in her ear. Maybe that is the problem...