Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Deciphering God's Messages

This morning, I logged on to my email to read my messages - I get these messages that are related to holiday organization - I am a holiday junkie if the truth be known. Nothing excites me more than the fact that once school starts back, the stores roll out the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas merchandise by the barrel. I love the idea of decorating and planning special foods based on holidays and all that jazz.

This morning the group was discussing how it is a great time to stock up on things like crayons and school stuff because they can come in handy later on in the year. One person sent a simple reply - but what caught my eye was this :
God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind. Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you. It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick. ~~~Author Unknown
To know me is to know that I love things like this. Quotes and lines that make you think. I feel like I'm at one of these places right now so this tagline really has me thinking this morning. Last night I prayed that God would lead me where he wants me to be. Guide my path, so to speak. Give me a sign. Help me find my way on whatever path he wants to place me. Now I just need to be patient and stop pushing along for myself. I hate that I have a tendency to always try to push the cart ahead of the horse.

What about you? Are there those times when you are pushing against where you feel God wants you to be, only to get that brick thrown at you, too? I think I'll go off and ponder this idea for a while....

4 comments:

The Source said...

A thought I like is, "Sometimes God has to knock you flat on your back to get you to look up." Same thing as the brick concept. I tend to be one of those people that has to be flattened once in a while!

Teri said...

I think I have several lumps on my head from the many bricks I have encountered.

Scrappy Girl said...

Yes, sometimes I get bricks too...the way God speaks to me at times lets me also know he has a sense of humor!

Danielle S. said...

Thanks for these words. Great post to think about.