Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Big Reveal

While I've enjoyed reading your guesses at the 3 Truths & 1 Lie, I guess it's time to reveal the truth... Now, don't think any less of me when you find out which is the lie

1. My 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Grayson, told our class the 'truth' about Santa. I came home immediately after school and told my parents what I had heard that day at school. LIE - Dione was the culprit of the mystery of Christmas. Big mouthed older girl that she was, who could never keep her mouth shut about ANYTHING from what I can remember. I never, EVER told my parents that I knew anything....you gotta believe to receive. But what I hate about this is that I always felt like I'd been robbed of the excitement of Christmas. It changed after that. Know what I mean???

2. I once super-glued my chemistry teacher's pen to his desk on April Fool's Day. TRUTH. Yes, I did this. And let me start out by saying I was not a trouble maker in school. And I'm not proud of this prank. You certainly would not have suspected me to do anything like this. And he was M A D. And never found out who did it. I heard that he had passed away a few years ago (he was relatively young when he taught our class)...I kept thinking "Now he knows..." I blame this stunt on a guy named Geoff...why I listened to him that day, I'll never understand.

3. I am 10 years younger than my sister, 20 years younger than my youngest aunt, and 30 years younger than my oldest aunt. I am also 10 years older than my Dad's first great-niece. TRUTH. Math word problems drive people crazy don't they? But it's true. Shirley is in her 60s. Allene is in her 50s. Judi is in her 40s. I am in my 30s. Stephanie is in her 20s. We're all about to move up in a couple of years... I always thought this was really cool growing up. It has also made it really easy to keep up with everyone's age :).

4. I can touch my tongue to my nose. TRUTH. I couldn't remember if I had shared this in my 100 things about me post, but it's a fact. Again, not something that I'm proud of...but true.

So thanks for guessing along and a big shout out to The Source for playing her own version on her blog - which by the way, I got wrong over there, too!

1 comment:

Scrappy Girl said...

LOL! That was fun! I might have to try it one day.

I think you should post a pic of you touching your nose with your tongue! Lol!