Tuesday, August 19, 2008

2 Down ---a lot more to go

Day two over and done. I'm exhausted, but it's a good kind of exhaustion. I've bought my books. Had my first lab in Astronomy today. Will have my first lab in Biology tomorrow night. I'll be home well before The Doodlebug is asleep and I'll get to help her with her homework if she needs me in the afternoons. I feel good about my decision to change my schedule at the last minute. I had really been concerned about being gone at night so I'm glad that it has all worked out.

Middle school seems to still be a blast. She has made a lot of new friends, which makes me extremely proud of her. There is one thing that I can say about her - she always makes friends easily. She'll be that child who heads off to college and while she might miss mom and dad, she'll end up forming a close-knit group of friends that become like her family. That makes me happy...and sad.

The Doodlebug is having her party this Friday. She's excited. I've told her that she needs to plan something for them to do as we are expecting rain over the weekend (Thank you Fay). I've offered to let them use my scrapbook stuff or do crafts or whatever. We discussed going to a movie, but can't decide what would be appropriate. She wants to see the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 but I'd hesitate to take her friends to see that...

And I guess that is all for now. I've got notes to type ....

2 comments:

The Source said...

Since the Hubby began school this past Monday, I have to say I have a whole new respect for you!! He is finding it challenging to say the least. He's also in a class with a lot of Oldest's friends who graduated from high school a year or two ago...not 23 years ago. I'm hoping he'll do well, but it's different after being out soooo long.

Tell Doodlebug I hope her party is the most awesome ever!! They should have an American Idol and video tape themselves performing. Then go back and watch it. They'll crack each other up.

Slacker MOM II said...

I want to come and use your scrapbook stuff. I want to go to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Maybe I should "crash" the party.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your classes.