Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WFMW - Uses for a coffee filter

12 uses for a coffee filter
1. Dish cover: put on top of dishes you’re microwaving.

2. Strainer liner: when your straining oil to save for another use, put a basket-style coffee filter in the strainer to keep out pieces of food.

3. Drip catcher: slit the middle and slide up a paintbrush or ice cream stick to catch drips.

4. Glass cleaner: wipe off glass tabletops and mirrors without leaving lint.
5. Put between stacked cast iron or nonstick cookware to prevent scratches.

6. Use it for a disposable bowl for snacks like popcorn.

7. It makes a great liner for your potted plants - it keeps the soil from leaking out of the drain holes in most pots.

8. Apply shoe polish - they are lint free.

9. Use them on a food scale for easy clean up.

10. Diffuse the flash on your camera - it softens the effect of the picture.

11. Let the kids use them to make crafts such as butterflies.

12. Good ole coffee.... :)

For more tips that'll work for you, visit Rocks In My Dryer.

12 comments:

Capturing Today said...

What nice ideas! We'll definitely put some of these to use!

Sheila said...

#7 is a great one. Thanks!

Diann said...

These are some really neat ideas - thanks for sharing them with the W4MW gang...

MOMMY said...

Great suggestions!!! I just did something similar on my blog with baking soda.

We made flowers out of coffee filters with the kids, they love them!
Aimee
http://journalofamomma.blogspot.com/

Brenda said...

I never even thought about using coffee filters like that! The best part is how cheap they are! Thanks for stopping by!

Scrappy Girl said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing. I feel like I need to go buy some now. LOL

Carol said...

Who'da thunk it!? Some great tips here!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

love this!

Daiquiri said...

Love this! I never think to use them for anything but coffee. I especially like "drip catcher".

Thanks for your visit earlier. Really liked hearing from you :)

Blue Castle said...

Great ideas! I have to bookmark this page to remember them all. :)

Briggie said...

great suggestions! thanks also for visiting my post about the steam mop - i love it, love it, love it. you save water, time, energy, cleaning products and the floor never looked so good. let me know if you get one and how you like it. take care and God bless you,
briggie

Tara said...

Love all the ideas.. I ran out of paper towels yesterday so I used a coffee filter to let the oil drain from the chicken..and it worked just fine lol :)