Wednesday, July 23, 2008

W4MW - Coupon Mom Savings Site


This week, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite money savings sites. The Coupon Mom. The site organizes grocery and drug store sale prices - places like Kroger, Publix, Walmart, CVS, Target - just to name a few. They list the stores sale prices, and let you know if there are any available coupons so that you can get the best possible price on hundreds of items. While you do need to register to use the list that sorts the deals by state, it is well worth it, and they do not share your information with anyone.

When I am diligent and shop according to the sales, I save substantially on our grocery bill. And not just on groceries. But shampoos. Deodorant. Tissue Paper. The list could go on and on. I am inspired that the founder, Georgia native Stephanie Nelson, manages to feed her family of four on a grocery budget of $125 a week. This includes EVERYTHING.

Here are some news media outlets that have done stories on The Coupon Mom recently. She has also been featured on The Today Show and Good Morning America to name a few. I hope that you feel encouraged enough to give her website a try - it is a free service - and it works for me!

So check out The Coupon Mom. If you have used her site before, please leave me a comment on what you think. If you decide to try it after reading this post, please come back and let me know how your shopping went.

Don't forget to check out other Works for Me Wednesday ideas over at Rocks In My Dryer!

17 comments:

Sonshine said...

I love Coupon Mom!! I have just started using it in the last few months. So I am still learning my way around on the site!

Thanks for linking the news articles about her! :)

*off to read some more!*

Domestic Spaz said...

I really have been intending to start using coupon mom. Maybe I'll try it now that you mention it!

Mama C said...

Thank you for this info. I have been asking lots of questions lately about how people make coupons work. This will help, I'm sure!

Brooke said...

i registered, but then got overwhelmed. i need to go back and be more patient with myself this time.

Hairline Fracture said...

Thanks so much for the tip. I've been trying the Grocery Game, but they charge for the service! I'll check out Coupon Mom before I have to pay!

Heather said...

I've been looking for a way to cut costs since everything keeps going up and up. I'm going to have to check this out! Thanks.

~Deidra~ said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment...those are always welcome! I tried The Coupon Mom for a few weeks, but she only listed for one store in my area at the time. Maybe I should check it out again.

Jess B said...

If you are the person that normally buys generic, does this really help? I'm interested. We live in a small town and are lucky to have a Walmart. I don't usually see savings with coupons because it's still cheaper to buy generic on most things. I'll have to check into this.

The Momster said...

Jess, I think if you can comparison shop, sometimes you'll be able to get the name brand for less than the generic prices.
One thing that I have noticed lately - my local walmart is higher on almost every generic that regularly cycles a sale at the grocery stores in my area.

Everyone thanks for your comments today. :)

L said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I have never heard of this coupon site before so I'll have to check it out and see how it helps me on groceries, etc. Thanks for the tip!

Stephanie said...

Just the last couple months I have been organized enough to start using coupons. I will have to check out Coupon Mom, because I'm all about the coupons now! Thanks for the link.

And I hope those photo postcards work out for your daughter's birthday! I've had such fun doing it.

Kristy said...

Great tip, thanks! I've just started watching sale ads and planning meals around them, so this is a great next step.

queenoftheclick said...

I love Coupon Mom. I use that site all of the time.

Other sites I like: I like Centsible Sawyer for the CVS game and A Full Cup for coupons as well.

Muthering Heights said...

Great tip, I'm going to check it out!

Lizzette Deas said...

This is a great site! Please check out KindCoupons.org. It is a great similar site as well and it donates profits to charities.

Instant Coupons said...

I've been following you site. Great coupon site.

Printable Coupons said...

Your site is one of the legit coupon sites. Thanks!