Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Weekend Plans....

Or Good Grief, I need to get a life!

The UIC is leaving for a short trip out of town in the morning. I am sitting here thinking - what can I do to the house while he's gone? I'm surprised he hasn't asked...but I guess it's something he has grown accustomed to in our married life. He goes out of town - I take on some big project.

I have a running list of things I'd still like to do to our house. I figure, if I'm going to make myself over, why not do the house as well? So here is the run down:
  1. Paint/Decorate the laundry room. This is a part of BooMama's challenge, but she has had to push back the 'due date' from July 25 to some time after Labor Day. Yeah! Because I have not made any progress.
  2. Paint the Family Room (aka the Bonus Room). When we bought this house, these walls were horrible. One wall was a hideous green color so since then it's been primed, but that's it. I want to paint it and get it all situated before my new living room furniture is delivered since I'm moving the chair and ottoman up her from the set we currently have.
  3. Paint the upstairs hallway. Again, when we bought the house, the previous owners must have gotten a deal on the beige color - because EVERYTHING up here was beige, minus the green wall and the 80s wallpaper in my bathroom. We've primed, but that's it. (Do you see a pattern here???)
  4. In painting the hallway, we'll have to paint the two story 'landing' where the stairs are. YEAH! It's still beige!
  5. I'm thinking we are going to have to repaint the living room - it's not going to match the furniture. Oh boy....
  6. I want to paint the walls in my dining room burgundy under the chair rail.

I figure painting is a job that I can take on myself. I'm actually gotten rather talented with a paint roller and a sponge the past few years so we'll have to see which room becomes the 'victim' while he's away. That is..if I have the strength to do anything after I met Ethel for our morning walk around the lake. Yes, indeedy, it looks like it might be an interesting weekend afterall.

3 comments:

Slacker MOM II said...

Youcan always come down and help me with my weeding after the walk. BTW, I love the new look. I thought I was on the wrong site. You will have to help me out. See you in a few....

Scrappy Girl said...

Love the 3 column blog template! I miss your pink/black/white though! You make me exhausted just reading your project ideas!

The Momster said...

Thanks ladies - I'm still playing around with the design. I've never done html coding before so it's been interesting (to say the least!)....
Not sure about the header this way or the way it was before...opinions?