Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Three Truths....& a Lie!

As I sit at the table and try to study, my mind keeps wondering. What do we need to buy for school? Does The Doodlebug need new tennis shoes? Where are my gold hoop earrings? I wonder what slackermom is spelled backwards? You get the picture.... I am obviously bored with trying to remember the difference between meiosis and mitosis or that atoms are made up of protons, neutrons and electrons. My sanity needs to be saved at this point...

Since I'm obviously looking for a distraction when I take my little 10 minute 'mini' breaks, I thought a little game might be in order. I love games. Christmas party games. Birthday party games. Baby shower games. I'm your gal. I even tried to convince a class of preschoolers that playing pin the hat on the turkey could be fun. I have my own version of pin the tail on the bunny - he's neon pink.

But we aren't going to play a game like that - I mean, how funny we would look if we all spun around in our chairs with our eyes closed and tried to pin something on a picture on the monitor? So... I thought a new game - something I've never done before but reminds me of Truth or Dare was in order. 3 truths and a lie.

I'm going to share with you 4 things. Out of these five things, 1 statement is a lie and that naturally means the remaining three are the truth. Leave me a comment (please, you are like my photosynthesis during this study session) and let me know which one you think is a lie. Then, if you want to play along... go to your site and post your own 4 things and a lie post. I'll be checking up on you....

So, here goes:

  1. My 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Grayson, told our class the 'truth' about Santa. I came home immediately after school and told my parents what I had heard that day at school.
  2. I once super-glued my chemistry teacher's pen to his desk on April Fool's Day.
  3. I am 10 years younger than my sister, 20 years younger than my youngest aunt, and 30 years younger than my oldest aunt. I am also 10 years older than my Dad's first great-niece.
  4. I can touch my tongue to my nose.

See, nothing too shocking - afterall I want to keep this a family friendly place. So now it's your turn...what's the lie? And don't forget to play along...

6 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

I am going to pick #4! I can do it, but I think you can't! LOL!

By the way, #3 made my head hurt just reading it. LOL!

Happy studying!

The Momster said...

Ah, we'll have to see if you are right. :)

Jo said...

i will pick that #2 is the lie.

Slacker MOM II said...

I say #2 is the lie. I remember you telling me something about the Santa story. See I do listen, I really do listen. And I know you are 10 years younger than your sister. So it was between 2 and 4 but I seem to remember something about your Dad's great niece in one of our many converstaions.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I'm going with #2 and can't wait to find out for sure which one it is. Might try this at my blog too!

The Source said...

I say #2. And now that I have a second, I'm going to play, too.
Head over to my blog and see if you can guess...