Friday, July 11, 2008

Fitness Fridays

I'm sure by now if you've been reading here, you've realized that I am constantly struggling against the diet monster. To the point that I'm just sick of it. SICK. OF. IT. So I've decided that I need to do something to motivate myself to win this battle once and for all.

Weight is one of those subjects, that at least as women, I don't think we are truly comfortable talking about with our closest friends. It's admitting a flaw. It's like there's this big pink elephant sitting over in the corner. We know it's there, but we don't dare talk about it. You have to be at a certain place to admit defeat and actually do something. Well, I'm getting tired of that elephant taking up all my space.

So to help me in this quest, I've decided that I'm going to devote my blog on Fridays to Fitness Fridays. That means each Friday, I'm going to post about how I am doing in my bid to become healthier and happier. If you want to join me, I would love it! They say there is strength in numbers. I can think of nothing better than encouraging one another to be healthier versions of the person that we are today.

I hope you'll come back on Fridays and share your own personal fitness goals. Whether it is to lose weight or to just get in better shape, we can cheer each other along.

3 comments:

The Source said...

I need somebody to be accountable to!! I'll join you. We're headed back to the BVI's in March and I don't want the boat leaning over on my side.

Slacker MOM II said...

Thanks for today. We need to get out more often. See you 9am....

Scrappy Girl said...

Count me in...once I get back from NYC. I don't think it would be smart to hop back on my diet before leaving. Talk about a doomed attempt. LOL!