Friday, July 18, 2008

Fitness Fridays- Week 1

Well I can honestly say this week has been anything if not interesting. First off, I have walked all but one day since last Friday. Yeah! I haven't been able to weigh myself though - as the scales generally remain in the laundry room and I haven't put them back into their place and balanced them out. I will tell you this, if you are trying to get in better shape and you don't have scales, grab a measuring tape and take down the basic measurements. Make sure to check them at least every week or every other week so that you can see your success.
  • bust

  • waist

  • hips

I managed to meet my own personal water drinking goals - but to me, water is like wine... I love it. It's rare to ever see me at home without a large glass of water nearby. My goals for this upcoming week are as follows:

  • Weigh myself and create chart to help track progress.

  • Start focusing more on 'what' we are eating - last week was about the walking.

  • Continue with the walking.

So what about you? Have any fitness goals you are working towards? Something about yourself that you'd like to change? Come on and join me on my journey to a healthier and happier me. Leave me a comment about how you're doing... it's easier to do this with some accountability. Thanks for checking in on Fitness Fridays :)

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Good luck with your goals!

Slacker MOM II said...

Since the foot is broken I have not been successful. Keep up the good work!!!

The Source said...

Well, I have more motivation now. Darling Daughter has to being jogging as part of her rehab with the knee, and obviously she can't be running around by herself. Ugh!

Honey Mommy said...

I am working on being healthier too! My baby is four months old now, and I have some weight to lose.

I haven't posted about it yet, but my husband and I are going to go on a bike tour in a month. I am going to ride a 38 mile tour... I know! I can't believe it either.

Memarie Lane said...

I was exercising every day, but I developed really bad hip pain. My uncle is a physical therapist, and he told me the pain is due to loose hip joints from pregnancy, and birth is the only cure. So I've had to stop exercising for the time being. :(

I love drinking water though. I especially love it from my Brita pitcher, in a glass full of storebought Reddy Ice. If it weren't for those two things I'd probably just drink soda and coffee all day.