Thursday, July 31, 2008

Exhausted...

This might be the easiest way to explain how we all feel. We've just gotten back from a few whirlwind days in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. We knew we wanted to go somewhere for a break but couldn't decide - and since my speed junkies like anything that feels like they are racing, they both opted to go there. We spent a lot of time at the 'carnie' parks in Pigeon Forge while they got their racing rush and then we spent some time in Gatlinburg, where we did a lot of sight seeing and had a good time.

I'll make sure to post pictures soon. I try to make sure that we go back to spots that we've visited before so that I can compare how much The Doodlebug has grown. I can't wait to pull out previous pictures and ooh and ah over the changes.

But you know what's sometimes the best part of going away? Coming home to your own bed. That's the part that I'm looking forward to since I opted to drive all the way back home. Only with a minor detour to find a book (CLEP of course).

Ah, it's good to be back home....

4 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Dr. Hubby and I honeymooned in PF and G, TN. We loved it and I think we are going to go next year with Lil Sis and BIL. I hope. Glad to hear you had a great time.

The Source said...

We spent our honeymoon in Gatlinburg, too. Went back when the twins were babes and need to make a return visit one day. The last time we were there, The Oldest was a fanatic collector of Beanie Babies and we had to hit every tiny store along the mountainside to check for something new.

beth - total mom haircut said...

It really is nice coming home, isn't it? I feel that way no matter where we've been. Looking forward to pictures:)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Glad to hear y'all are back, safe and sound. Looking forward to the photos.