Saturday, July 19, 2008

Don't Say "I'm Bored"

I don't know what it is , but as a mother, I hate to hear those two words....I'm Bored.
When I was little, I learned early on that was a mistake. "Mom, I'm bored" would get me sent outside to weed the flowerbed. It's a miracle I don't hate bachelor buttons to this day! Or I would end up having to go over all of the woodwork in the house. Being bored was not a good thing.
I hate it when The Doodlebug tells me that she's bored. I feel like she has an abundance of things to keep her busy. She can go outside and play. Ride her scooter. Swim. Shoot some hoops. Call a friend and invite them over. Draw. Watch a movie. Read a book. The list could go on and on. Ha, she could go outside and weed the yard. Do the laundry. Wash the dishes. Clean the bathroom.
What do you do when your child(ren) say "I'm bored"?




3 comments:

The Source said...

Mine don't say that. No, really, it's true. I swear! Because we don't wait to hear it. They have to weed anyway. And they rake grass clippings, wash their clothes (yes, even the twins) clean their bathrooms, vacuum carpet, sweep, wash the dog, help with dinner, bring in the vegetables, change the fish water. The Hubby can keep them hopping! Seriously, if works in that the house is always clean and everyone has time to do what they want.

When they aren't busy helping, they are in the pool. Every waking moment.

Mom, I'm Bored! said...

My sister and I have started up a site dedicated to this dilemma. Check it out, you might find a few ideas that work! http://mommyimbored.blogspot.com/

Jo said...

we don't hear that too often here cause if we do we find something for them to do. The time they do seem to do it is when it is raining and they are wanting to be outside.