Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chore of The Week

My friend Rhonda reminded me a while back that I used to use a unique system of cleaning around the house. I called it the "COW" - Chore of the Week. The "COW" was sort of like the elephant in the room - it was one thing that I didn't necessarily want to tackle, but it was something that I knew needed to be done. Now the COW can be anything - from cleaning out the refrigerator to straightening out the pantry to painting a room to just about anything your heart desires. Mine usually consisted of tackling those areas of the house that were not on my normal 'cleaning routine'. So that meant closets, the garage, sometimes the COW was simply to clean out my car.

I've been thinking about what the first COW should be since I'm doing BooMama's challenge for my laundry room. I think this week's COW is to deep clean the guest room. Anybody out there want to join me in having a COW? The more the merrier!

6 comments:

Jo said...

My COW for the week is taking all the over grown hostas out of my garden. There are over 8 of them I think and they are HUGE! They hang over on the walkway and get in everyones way.

I actually have a whole heard of COWS that should be done. lol

The Source said...

I'll join you...in the morning. I have to think of which unwanted chore to do first!

The Momster said...

Oh Jo, I think I can agree with the herd of cows comment. LOL

I love hosta. I had wanted to divide mine up and spread them around the yard but I waited too long to do so.

Scrappy Girl said...

We are currently taking our cows to market so I don't think hubby would want me bringing up any more COWS! LOL! Pretty good exscuse, huh?!

Kelly - PTT said...

Oh goodness, it would take more than one Cow to get this place in order;) What a great idea for motivating yourself, though. Maybe I'll do this too -- later;)

Teri said...

Hmm. I guess I will actually make myself finally really I promise once and for all tidy up my scrapbook table...after I finish working on some photos. hehe No, I promise.