Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WFMW - Disposing of Paints & Other Stuff


Super Short W4MW today - but I wanted to share the following with you...

You know how you'll paint a room and then you'll have paint left? Well if you're like me...you keep that old paint for various touch ups over time. But how do you safely dispose of the paint once your ready to change colors?

You can just pour the liquid into a plastic container of scoopable kitty litter to dispose of it. Problem solved. The litter absorbs the liquid and hardens. This is a much better option that pouring it down your drain.

Of course, we keep a container of kitty litter in our garage for any spills - oil, paint, etc. It makes the clean up so much easier!

Head over to Rocks In My Dryer for other W4MW tips!

4 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Cool tip!

The Source said...

Good idea! I save old paint colors for the girl to use in her room. She changes her mind so often that it's four different colors right now. :)

Kristin @ Blue Skies said...

Great tip! I'm going to use this to get rid of some paint I have sitting around.

Kirby3131 said...

I have done this & it is an excellent way to make paint easier to dispose.

Great tip!