Sunday, June 22, 2008

This Week's Goals

I cannot believe it is already Sunday evening. Where does the time go??? In addition to that, we have been out of school for almost a month...time is passing too quickly! Someone make it slow down...

It has been a really uneventful weekend here. The UIC is trying to rest his back after overdoing it with ball season and the tournaments he's been calling. The Doodlebug has been recuperating from staying up all night at her friend's house. And me, well aside from the exhilaration of cleaning out her closet, I have done nothing. When did we become such a boring bunch???

My friend D posted on her blog this morning about weight loss. It is something that I have been thinking a lot about lately. I really would like to lose 50 pounds in the next six months. I have reached that place where I just am not happy with the way I look. I know, I know---I've said it all before. I want to feel motivated. I want to see the numbers on the scale move down. I want to be able to buy a bathing suit and feel like my chest is not on display for the world to gawk at. With The Doodlebug starting middle school this fall, this is something that I really want to accomplish. I think that 50 is a reasonable goal to shoot for. I just know that I've got to make myself more accountable for what I eat and I have to make myself get in some really good cardio every day. For me that involves journaling about my food choices and getting up and moving around more than I do. Plus my sister seems to think my nephew will marry his girlfriend by next spring - I don't want to be the 'fat aunt' at the wedding. I want to buy something beautiful to wear. And it's just too darned hot to be overweight!

Do you have a success story of how you lost weight? Any suggestions on how to do it? What worked for you --- and what didn't work? Any good dieting blogs? I'm open to ideas...

This week is all about getting into a routine. A weight loss routine. Getting back into my cleaning routine. Starting to review math with The Doodlebug and getting her to read some more. We'll see how it all goes....

The Momster

5 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I did weight watchers online and had great success with it. However, I never lost that last 10 lbs and could stand to lose 15 now - so any ideas - I'll join you in a challenge???

Arleigh said...

Eat less and exercise more is the only thing that's every worked for me. I don't have patience for programs and calorie/fat/point counting systems. I just eat small portions and try to stay away from junk food. Joining a gym is really the best way to make sure you get exercise. Once you start going it becomes addicting and you don't want want to ruin your success by eating badly.

I'll be in your yours come October - losing pregnancy weight!

Scrappy Girl said...

We were boring yesterday too. Real boring! I have lost 35 pounds so far. It will be 6 months June 30th since I started. I did it watching what I ate, moving more, writing a food journal occasionally, and drinking LOTS of H2O! Good luck with your goal.

beth - total mom haircut said...

Well, I've managed to let go of a lot of the baby weight this time around. I tried Weight Watchers, but honestly didn't even have the time to enter in all the foods and stuff on the computer. What ultimately did it I think was just not having stuff in the house. And the rule I set for myself was to not really eat anything that had no nutritional value - I know, that's a slippery slope, but it gave me some limit without making me feel like I was "dieting."

Incorporating exercise with the kids (like walking, flying them like airplanes, etc.) really helped because trying to set aside time to exercise without them just wasn't in the cards.

hope that helps. It's hard. Don't get discouraged.

And thanks for visiting my blog:)

The Momster said...

ryzmomplus2 - I've thought about WW online. I actually brought WW to Work after I had the Doodlebug - did really well, but sort of fell of the wagon (obviously!)

Arleigh, I have a friend who after childbirth decided to try mini-meals - it worked great for her adjusting back to normalcy. She was back in her skinny jeans before she was even due to come back to work.

Scrappy girl, you still motivate me. Are you still doing the 1200 calories a day?

Beth, I agree - the best feeling is not feeling like you're on a diet. It's gotta be a lifestyle change...

Thank you ladies for your thoughts and encouragement... :)