Friday, June 20, 2008

Sausage Muffin Balls

In continuation of my sharing recipes, here is another one available in my Atlanta's Best Appetizers cookbook. It's for Sausage Muffin Balls. Now first, I know that we all know how to make sausage balls. Bisquick, sausage and cheese, right? Well this recipe is a little different.

Sausage Muffin Balls - makes about 50 1-inch balls

1/2 lb bulk sausage (hot or mild) cut in chunks
1 box (8.5 oz) Jiffy corn muffin mix
4 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp. grated onion
3 Tbsp. grated apple (tart variety)

Mix all ingredients together either by hand or in a food processor. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape mixture (yes, it will be goopy) into about 50 1" balls and bake approximately 20 minutes. Of course these can be made in advance to bake when your company arrives.

As a side note, I hate the goopy feeling of the mixture so I generally have to wear gloves. What I like about the recipe is the different flavor given by using the corn muffin mix. I've made them with our without the grated apple - they are good both ways. So the next time you want to make some sausage balls, consider giving this recipe a shot....it is sure to not disappoint.

Until the next time -
I'm the Momster & I'm keeping it real ☺

1 comment:

pat1755 said...

An old recipe for you, but I just found it with the Google thingie and wow, these were great! Thanks :)