Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Random Things From The Momster

First, there is a bee in the wall in the laundry room, I swear. I could hear it buzzing this morning. And you! Stop laughing ... that's exactly what the UIC did when I told him a little while ago when he called me. At first I was afraid it was in the washer - and didn't want to open the lid. And no, I didn't stop to think "How did the bee get in the washer?".... I just don't like bees. Goes back to summers as a child when I would run around barefoot all the time and get numerous stings!


Second, did you hear about the hiker who was rescued using her sports bra? It's one of those things to file away in the 'need to know in a pinch' categories of the brain. Get stuck on a mountain? Take your bra off. Seriously though, I think it's brilliant that she thought to do this.


And C, I managed to stay true to my 'schedule' yesterday, so here's what's on tap for today:


  • Laundry - towels - already done yeah me!

  • Vacuum - upstairs - Sleeping Beauty (aka The Doodlebug) is still asleep....

  • Mop - Kitchen - on my way once I finish this...

  • Cleaning/Dusting - Master Bedroom and Bath

I think for dinner, it's gonna be Tacos tonight. I have the neighborhood Bible Study, too. The Doodlebug is spending the night with her grandparents. So that's my day in a nutshell.


Oh, and do you realize that Christmas is just six months from tomorrow??? Be on the alert - Hobby Lobby is already putting out their decorations. :)


Later -The Momster

4 comments:

Teri said...

Stop, stop, stop...I'm not ready for Christmas. No. Nope. Can't do it.

Arleigh said...

Wow, I can't say I'd think of using my bra as a flag.

Christmas may actually be pleasant this year. It will be my first season not working in retail in 8 years! And we'll have the new baby to buy for :)

The Momster said...

I was just shell shocked to see the store manager hanging up the rows and rows of ornaments at Hobby Lobby and then turning down another aisle and it was covered with spools of ribbon. Not that I mind, but seems like they didn't used to do this until at least after Halloween when I was a kid.

I thought the bra story was very interesting. Of course, DH said mine would have gotten caught on a tree going up!

ttelroc said...

I can't imagine myself going hiking! LOL but if I ever do, my bra will be the first thing to go. I can't believe there is a store already putting up Christmas stuff, oh dear.

I used to buy a lot of gifts at the summer craft fairs when I lived in Michigan, now that I live in Florida, the craft fairs are in the fall - so I'll shop then.

Have a great day!
Kristin