Saturday, June 28, 2008

One Big Headache...

I am sitting here playing around on the furniture store's website, trying in vain to design my living room. My living room is an odd size - 13'x23'. It's hard to think of placing furniture in the room because there are so many 'interruptions' in the design. Either doors or entries or windows or a 7' hearth.


I've always had a sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman as my main pieces of furniture. But my family is rough on furniture so I am seriously leaning towards not buying a love seat and purchasing two recliners. My current furniture is a dark green with some stripes - sort of like a plaid. The sofa that I am looking at is a light neutral color. The recliners we are considering would be burgundy and would tie in the drapes that I have on the three windows in the room. My dilemma though is what to do with this awkward corner over between the fireplace and the window? Should I purchase one of the chairs that matches the sofa to go here?

Right now I have the matching chair to my current furniture there. Anybody have any other ideas of what to do with that space? It's also where I generally put our Christmas tree so whatever is there has to be moved out and/or around when it's time to decorate. (Gee, I keep bringing up that, don't I?)

BTW, the two openings you see on the wall where the sofa is (that doesn't have a door) are two different ways to enter the room so they can't be blocked because of the flow of traffic.

Seriously, somebody give me some suggestions...

3 comments:

Jo said...

you could always put a nice tall plant in that corner instead of a piece of furniture.

Scrappy Girl said...

The plant was what I was thinking too. Also I have a screen that holds 8x10 photos that works with well with an area like that.

The Momster said...

Jo and Scrappy Girl, I like those suggestions. A big plant would help to keep the air clean too (and that's a good thing). I'll have to look at those screens as well - I've always liked them - and both of these could be easily moved for the holidays :)
Thanks so much ladies :) I appreciate your input.