Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Mania


Today we got off to an early start. The UIC wants to borrow my van tonight as he and some fellow umpires are going to call a tournament somewhere. He has been gently reminding me that it's time to have my tires rotated, so we got up this morning and went and had that done. It was the shortest amount of time it's ever taken! Wow! I was impressed.


Then home we came, where I started laundry - because as you may have already noticed, I am always doing laundry. I took a break and took The Doodlebug over to her BFF's house to spend the afternoon. Came back home, caught up on my blog reading while I did more laundry. After a while, I made myself head back down the hall towards her bedroom. I decided to start out cleaning the dresser drawers. I have found numerous packs of markers, crayons, colored pencils. I think this is where all of the printer paper has been disappearing to as well. Then I found two rolls of tape. That's where it ran off to as well. And it all got me to thinking....


My friend "D" has posted asking for inspiration in getting her daughter to clean her room. The Doodlebug has the perfect closet - she has shelves and cute baskets that match her bedroom - but we really don't have a way to corral all of her stuff and to know what is in each basket. That's my project to work on. Now I have some direction...


I hope later to share with you my inspiration. In the meantime, if you have any tweener organization hints, please feel free to leave them with me. And if you have any words of wisdom for "D" please drop by her blog.... she really wants to go to the movies!


Until later today...


The Momster

2 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

It is amazing what you can find in your kids rooms. I am a mean Mommy and I make my kids have their rooms clean before bed. I tell them that how clean their rooms are reflects on what I plan for the next day. And then I add "Do you think I will want to plan special fun stuff for messy children?" LOL!

Slacker MOM II said...

Hey Scrappy

Why haven't I thought of that. I tell the girls if they want to do something, your room has to be clean. Night time is so much easier then in the morning. Thanks for the advice.

Momster- waited for the phone call about the movie so we are going at 2:45 I believe. See you later.
"D"