Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm Trying Something New...


Around the house. I am not talking. Yes, you read that right. And if I am forced to speak, it is very minimal. Here's an example:
"Mom, where is the peanut butter?" asks the Doodlebug, who is starving because her Mom has forgotten how to cook....

"Counter." replied the Mom. Guess what??? She found it! I didn't have to draw a map :)

I'm trying to give my voice a rest. I've been trying this for three days now but it hasn't worked well until today. That is until I was cleaning the living room and came across the Boogie game for Wii. I can't resist a little music so ...I accumulated more than 1 MILLION points singing "One Way Or Another" ala Blondie. Imagine that... me knowing a Blondie song. Then I quietly put the game away and went ahead washed the woodwork in the guest bathroom. A rock star has her priorities!

I'm rather enjoying my own version of "Wordless Wednesday" since I've been sick again. I've managed to wash all of the windows downstairs and wash all of the woodwork. All of the furniture in the living room and dining room has been cleaned and polished. The furniture's been vacuumed. Fans have been cleaned. Floors have been cleaned. I even managed to clean behind the television - my most dreaded task.

I'm trying to finish up downstairs so that I can get all of the blinds back on the windows before it gets dark. I keep thinking about the commercial for "The Strangers". I've decided tomorrow is about deep cleaning the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. I'm also going to have to take the Doodlebug back to the Dr as she is complaining that her throat hurts and worse still - earache.

I'm still working on that list of 100 things. It's hard to think of 100 things about yourself ya know?

Until the next time -
The Momster


3 comments:

Slacker MOM II said...

Hope you are feeling better. Chrissy still has her headache and me well.... I had to find my inhaler. Maybe it is something in the water... Feel Better

Anonymous said...

Your blog is always entertaining!

Scrappy Girl said...

I have been cleaning too. We are having a huge community yard sale on Saturday and then everything we don't sell is going to Goodwill!