Thursday, June 26, 2008

Easy Summer Cooking

There are a few things that I don't actually mind cooking in the summertime. And since Big Mama is doing "Mr Linky" today for good summertime recipes, I wanted to share this one with you:

Crock Pot Pizza

1.5 lbs browned ground beef
2/3 box rigatoni noodles, cooked
16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup (or mushroom if you prefer)
1 sliced onion, optional
2 jars pizza sauce
1 package sliced pepperoni

Alternate layers in your crock pot as follows: beef, noodles, cheese, soup, onions, sauce, pepperoni; Repeat ( I usually just layer it all once..) Heat on low for 4 hours.

I've made it with and without the onions - it just depends on whether or not you like onions. But the cheese and the soup somehow fill the noodles with their gooey goodness and make this taste oh so good!

And the best part? I can sit this out on our screened in porch and my kitchen stays nice and cool. Gotta luv that!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sounds like cheesy goodness! I can't wait to try this one at home.... thx

Renna said...

That sounds really tasty, and it's a recipe I've never tried. I especially like how easy it sounds! :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, too. :-)

Lindsay said...

Thanks for stopping by.. you are right anything you can cook in the crock pot is delicious.. and it doesnt make the kitchen all hot in the summer! I might just have to try this recipe out :-)

Erin said...

I will be making this soon! Thanks!

Amy's Angels said...

I made this tonight and it was AWESOME!!! Thank you for posting it!

The Momster said...

Amy's Angels - I am so glad you enjoyed it... It's been requested for dinner here tomorrow night :)

YUMM YUMM