Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Doodlebug's Closet


Here are the before photos

There was no order to her closets - shorts and tee shirts and robes and all sorts of stuff just blended together. I went in, took out some of the tees and shorts and put those in the dresser, took the rest of her winterwear to the guest room closet and sorted everything out. Then I tackled the bottom of the closet. She had a chest in there that she stored things in - well it's no longer in her closet. I told her I didn't want to see anything on the floor anymore. I also told her she'd have a better view of everything if we put her shirts on the lower rack and her shorts above that. It worked!


And here are the after - Note: we haven't finished sorting her stuff into the raspberry colored baskets but I think the tag system is going to work really well. Also, I have convinced the UIC to put a series of hooks in the closet for her to hang her bags and stuff on.


This is one mission that I am glad to have accomplished. She laughed at me though because I sorted her stuff by category and color - how many pink shirts does a girl need anyway???


Hope your having a sensational Saturday!


2 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

I love to do projects like this! My kids closets are super organized too. Doodlebug is going to love it.

The Momster said...

I'm thinking about actually tackling my craft closet - but to see the before pictures, you might need a clearance letter from your physician!