Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Dads in Our Lives

My Dad is a remarkable man. He is always there for me whenever I need him. Have a flat tire? Call Daddy and he comes rushing to the rescue. Water leak? Again, call Daddy. He's an avid musician and he loves to grow vegetables in his garden. My sister once said something to the effect that I had married someone just like Daddy and she's right. I love you Daddy and I am so grateful to be your daughter. I value the life lessons that you have taught me - and yes you were right about all those things that you said would eventually happen. Thank you for loving me...flaws and all. This picture is of Daddy last summer on vacation at the beach.


The UIC's father passed away when he was only 39 years old. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think he thinks about his Dad. He has stories of him and luckily he has his Aunt Jackie and Serita, his 'bonus mom', to tell him things about his father he never knew. We know that Grandpa R loved the outdoors. He loved his children. He makes sure that The Doodlebug knows about his Daddy. I like to think all of the great things about The UIC he got from Grandpa R. I think he would be proud of the person that his son has turned out to be. We have only a few pictures of Grandpa R - this is from his high school graduation. I wish he could be here with us today, but he will always be in our hearts.


3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

A girls gotta love her daddy! Sounds like you got a good one.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

What a great post, what a great story!

The Source said...

Terrific post! Sounds like you have a wonderful Daddy!