Thursday, June 5, 2008

100 Things

Boy, this is hard -to think of 100 things to share about me.


1. I am in my late 30s.
2. I failed my driver's test the first time I took it.
3. I have been engaged twice - married once.
4. I like to draw while I talk on the phone.
5. I took an art class where I learned to draw portraits - now I love to sit around and draw eyes and mouths.
6. The Doodlebug is by far a more superior artist and creator than I could ever hope to be.
7. Playing video games makes me sick at my stomach - I miss the days of Nintendo 64!
8. I used to do aerobics for an hour and 15 minutes every day before I got pregnant.
9. I used to run for fun.
10. I never do either of those any more.
11. I agreed to buy the house that we are living in after looking at it for all of maybe 15 minutes. I was at work - I snuck out and I had to hurry back. We were getting desperate - our house had sold and we couldn't find anything.
12. I have always wanted to have rich, dark auburn hair.
13. My eyes continue to change colors as I grow older.
14. I have freckles.
15. I have a cat named Cinnamon. Can you guess what color she is???
16. She is actually the Doodlebug's cat - but she likes me best :)
17. I met the UIC through a friend.
18. I actually had a date with someone else that I cancelled to talk to him.
19. I was not looking for a relationship when we met - I just wanted to hang out and have fun.
20. In a moment of stupidity in the 80s, I double pierced one of my ears. By myself. And it hurt!
21. I never thought when I started blogging that I would like it as much as I do.
22. I am always looking for creative things to try.
23. I think that my kitchen is too small and therefore I don't like cooking as much as I used to.
24. The kitchen in my other house was a lot bigger than this one.
25. I spent weeks taking down wallpaper in my living room and master bathroom here.
26. It was the worst project that I ever took on myself.
27. If I had it to do over again, I would have just gutted the walls and put up new sheet rock.
28. I have always had the same prefix to my email account - and we have had several providers - but I always am the same.
29. I used to have a tee shirt that said "Marry Me - Fly Free"
30. I am a music junkie. I like all types of music from all different eras.
31. Someone told me the other day that my husband looks like one of the guys from Big and Rich. They think he looks like the one with the cowboy hat.
32. I would love to take a ballroom dancing class - something Latin and exciting.
33. In school my teachers called me Smiley.
34. I love Winnie the Pooh.
35. I have broken my toes at least 3 times since we bought this house.
36. I love walking on the beach at night.
37. I love going to the mountains in the fall to see the leaves changing colors.
38. Nothing tastes better in the fall than a Fried Apple Pie.
39. I love hot chocolate so much that I have a Cocoa Latte machine.
40. I have the nickname of "Vegas" with some of my friends - because whatever you say to me, stays with me.
41. One of my favorite places to go when we are in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg is the Applewood Restaurant.
42. I love to read the book before I see the movie.
43. I like peanut butter. LOL (See this is getting hard!)
44. When I was a little girl, I loved to bake in my Easy Bake Oven.
45. As I got older, my mom would let me bake oatmeal cookies on the weekends. I still love oatmeal cookies.
46. Today I seem to make microwave cakes in my pampered chef stoneware bundt pan as the dessert of choice.
47. I used to host a Christmas Cookie exchange every year but sadly, I've stopped doing this.
48. I love to go to Robin's Web to read about her cookie exchanges.
49. I would secretly like to get an eye lift :)
50. I would like to lose 50 lbs before Christmas.
51. I have become a procrastinator in the past few years.
52. My initials are LAR - they are very close to my real name - thus that's what the UIC calls me.
53. I am afraid of poison ivy - I had a really bad reaction to it and since then I spray that vine with a vengeance!
54. When we ride by a field of cattle it is known that I am going to say "Evening Ladies". I had a friend in high school whose father would always do that and I thought it was cute.
55. I love to plant Lantana - it is a wonderful drought resistant plant and butterflies are attracted to it. It makes for a great landscape!
56. I just watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and thought it was a great movie.
57. My favorite Bible verse is Psalm 121:2 "My help cometh from the Lord, who made Heaven and Earth".
58. I used to sing in a quartet at our church - I am an alto.
59. I have, on occasion, sang the tenor part in another quartet at church when the usual singer has been absent.
60. I loved the Bugaloos when I was a little girl.
61. The first horror movie I can remember seeing was "Friday the 13th" - at a drive-in in a very remote mountain town.
62. The movie "Deliverance" gives me the creeps...squeal like a pig! I shudder!!!!
63. It is said that the Doodlebug is a 'mini-me' but I think she looks like her Daddy.

boy this is really difficult!

64. My favorite color is red - and I wear a lot of red and black for some reason. I also like pink.
65. When I was growing up, my uncle worked for Levi - so I had all sorts of Levi jeans and notebooks and stuff - it was really cool to go and visit them and come home with bunches of stuff.
66. When I was in kindergarten, I had a bad bike accident and had to go to the emergency room.
67. When I was in 4th grade, I had another bad bike accident and flipped over the handlebars on my bike and hit the curb with my chin first. I did not want my parents to know what happened! I thought I could hide it at first - until the swelling started immediately!
68. One of my favorite crock pot meals is something called "Crock pot Pizza".
69. I do not like to ride roller coasters - I fainted on one once and won't ride them anymore.
70. I miss my Mamaw G's homemade biscuits - nobody can duplicate them.
71. I think the daisy is the friendliest flower :) (that's from You've Got Mail)
72. I love that I can go on our public library's website and request books from all over the state and they are delivered to my local library for me to pick up.
73. I enjoy watching Sandra Bullock movies. I must have watched "While You Were Sleeping" a million times while I suffered through morning sickness in 1997.
74. I believe that a person's handshake says a lot about their personality.
75. "Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That's what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will... " - one of my favorite quotes from "Hope Floats".
76. I like to read Harlequin Romance paperbacks in the summertime.
77. I am still friends with the guy who had the locker below me all throughout middle school. Even though on occasion, I'd drop a book on his head.
78. I can still remember the excitement I felt when I got my first copy of "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret".
79. I love listening to 80s music.
80. I started scrapbooking after the Doodlebug was born.
81. I feel like I'm always behind in my scrapbooking.
82. I am allergic to milk.
83. I drink A LOT of water.
84. I will be glad when I am finished with college.
85. I like the saying "Life is what happens when you're out making other plans."
86. I know how to do the Achy Breaky Heart.
87. I actually enjoy sending out Christmas cards every year.
88. I love it in July when they show Christmas movies on tv!
89. I always wanted to learn to play the guitar.
90. I think the Neiman Marcus "urban legend" cookies are one of the best!
91. I have swam with a Manatee.
92. I do not like water park slides!
93. I am really wondering how LOST is going to finally end!
94. I hope that the Doodlebug will outgrow her dislike for shopping.
95. I love to shop for shoes.
96. I use my cell phone as a clock (and an alarm).
97. I prefer to drive rather than be a passenger in the car.
98. I think it's important to be honest with yourself.
99. I wish that I was closer to my nephew and niece now that they are growing up.
100. I worry about losing my parents.

There - wow! 100 things. I tried to make sure there are no repeats! Whew - I'm exhausted and it only took me like 3 days!

Thanks for reading! Until the next time....

The Momster

5 comments:

Deb M. said...

WOW!! That was a lot of work...not sure I could come up with 100 things about myself. Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm happy you liked the altered journal. Hope Doodlebug enjoys the one you make for her. Loved visiting your blog. :o)

Scrappy Girl said...

That was a lot of work! LOL! I enjoyed reading them and getting to know you better. Makes me want to do it for my 100th post.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

That was a great post! Loved learning more about you! I'll have to find a reason to try that one!

Kat said...

I am on my 105th post. And I keep procrastinating that 100 things about me post. I think I have thirty something done. Maybe I'll work on it this weekend. Maybe I'll just plagarize parts of yours. It's not really plagarism if mine would be the same, right? :-)

The Momster said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the list. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be (how many times have I said this now? LOL)....
Kat, you can duplicate :) Or at least 'borrow' bits and pieces.