Sunday, May 18, 2008

An Interesting (?) Weekend...

Let's see - where do I begin?

1. Saturday morning shopping with the Doodlebug. Nightmare. How did I produce a daughter who is missing the shopping gene? But anyway, I digress. Things went along smoothly although I was repeatedly reminded that we were missing E.T. on the Nick Network.

2. She went to her grandparents house and had a great time .... until my mother called me this afternoon around five. Here is a brief synopsis of our conversation:

ring, ring ri - "Hello?"

"Hello. Have you got a minute? The Doodlebug says her throat is hurting. I had her gargle some salt water - is there anything else you can think of that I can do from here?"

"I'll come pick her up. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Have I ever mentioned that I live 5 minutes from my parents house? No, I don't know if that's five minutes at the posted speed limit - but it's at the slackermom speed limit. So I get there and she is laying like a fish out of water on the love seat ... and my mother is rubbing her feet. I'm thinking "oh boy - spoiled rotten" until she speaks. Then it's load you up in the car and zoom zoom zoom back home. Straight to the showers because she had been outside all day and we thought maybe it was the pollen. Does pollen give you a fever of 101.8? Where's Dr. Spock when you need him????

So needless to say, after a healthy dose of Zyrtec and a blow drying session that would make Vidal Sassoon proud, I plumped up her pillows and put her in her bed to watch "Over the Hedge" for the millionth time. And after a lengthy conversation with the UIC it was decided that he would stay home with her tomorrow. Not me - him. This could be very interesting.

3. It's Midnight and I am still up - because I am waiting for the washer to go off - because in all the excitement of shopping and sick babies, I have realized that all of my clothes are dirty. Blah.

4. My sister and niece are at my parents house now. Not exactly sure what happened or what's going to happen. Please keep them in your prayers.

More on the momma drama later. - the washer just stopped :) YEAH SLEEP!

Until the next time...

Momster - over and out

2 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Wow, sounds like you had a crazy weekend. Hope the doodlebug is feeling better? Love the speed limit though, that made me laugh :)

The Source said...

Oh MAN you missed ET!! What kind of a mother are you, anyway?? Everyone knows that ET beats shopping any day!