Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Patience is a Virtue, Young Grasshopper

This morning I am waiting for the installation technician from the cable company. For years we have had satellite TV but with the switch in February 09 (I feel like a commercial now) to broadcasting digital signals rather than analog, 3 of our TVs would require converter boxes. So, we checked around and decided to switch some of the services here at home, one being the TV, to save a little money and get all of the TVs online. And now I'm waiting. Not that it's a problem - but to know me is to know that I suffer immense cabin fever if I have to be at home all day.

Not that the time is being wasted. I've cleaned. I've put everything back in the downstairs closet that got a shelving upgrade this weekend. Now it holds all of my extra appliances and the movies and games that usually end up downstairs in that closet anyway - but the difference is, now you can see the floor! And plus it's all nice and pretty with freshly painted walls so a girl's gotta be happy. But alas, my afternoon plans have been derailed. I need to get my emissions test done today and I planned on taking the Doodlebug shopping after school. Because even though we've had freezing temperatures the past two mornings, I need some cute shoes to wear with capris. And I need to go to the store to get pancake fixings for her "CRCT Breakfast of Champions" (as the UIC calls it) and I need to get snacks to send in for the class. Don't these people realize how important I am? LOL

Nothing much else going on. Looking forward to seeing the finale of The Biggest Loser tonight. Normally I don't watch it, but this season I find myself checking in more and more to see what's going on and who's lost what.

I hope things are good in your corner of the world...and that you aren't spending your day waiting...and waiting....and waiting on someone :)

Until the next time,
The Momster

No comments: