Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Feel Just Like Molly Ringwald...

In "Sixteen Candles". My husband forgot today was my birthday. He'll be eating Alpo for a week.

Not that I'm holding a grudge or anything. I just cannot believe it. He has been gone all day and then he came home and The Doodlebug and I were not here. She said something like "I bet Daddy has a surprise for you when we get home". I thought "Yeah right - he's forgotten".... half hoping I was wrong. But he forgot. I'd been home maybe 30 minutes and my sister called to wish me a happy birthday and he heard us on the phone.

I'll get over it - but I'm disappointed. Not that I expected some big hoopla - we generally just do something simple. I wonder if he likes his Alpo with extra chunky sauce?

2 comments:

The Source said...

Awww...kick his butt! My hubby would have to have short-term memory loss to forget my birthday...it's the day after his.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry to hear hubby forgot - but cracked up at your Alpo plans! Hope you enjoy your day