Monday, April 21, 2008

Gas Prices and the Price of Milk

My humor has been editing - this is what happens when you type while at school!

Just a quick post before I head off to class. So, I know you are sitting there thinking.... what is she thinking about today? Well, let me relieve your anxiety and just tell you. Gas and milk. Not how milk gives certain people gas....but the fact that the rising gas prices inflate the cost of everything else in the universe, including milk.

Driving down my 2,923 mile drive to campus (I swear, I feel like I should be in California by now) and chatting with my friend "D" I happened to notice how much gas has gone up since Friday afternoon. Heck, it's up almost 15 cents a gallon. Then the lovely morning radio voice informs me that gas is going to probably go up 30 to 40 cents over the next 4 weeks!! You've got to be kidding me, right? I mean, in my not too distant memory I can actually remember paying around $1.14 for a gallon of the good stuff. Now I'm forking out $3.58 for low grade gas? It's costing a fortune to fill up the Momstermobile. My cross country drive to campus isn't helping. I mean, how are we supposed to be able to afford milk, eggs and bread with the rate that gas keeps increasing??? I even noticed that the price of eating out at Chickfila is on the rise. Now I just can't have that happening. A girl on a diet deserves a chicken sandwich and a sweet tea without having to break the bank, right?

So, I'm curious - what are the average prices for milk, eggs, bread and gas in your area? Are the gas prices going to have a big influence on your summer vacation plans? I'm telling myself that I'd better buckle down with the CLEP so that I don't have to drive all the way to campus every day this summer.

Until the next time -

The Momster

2 comments:

david santos said...

I loved this post and this blog.
Have a nice day.

The Source said...

Milk $3.78, Eggs don't know, Gas $3.35 for the cheap stuff. It's hitting my teenaged driver in the wallet pretty hard. It's sad when an 18 yr old can't go far on $5.00 worth of gas. I can remember putting 50 cents in my tank at his age.