Thursday, April 24, 2008

Approaching the Weekend

In the wee hours of the morning we'll be heading to Tennessee with a couple of charter buses full of goofy preteens for a day long adventure. The Doodlebug is so excited I think she's going to have a hard time sleeping tonight! At first I was dreading it, but now I am really looking forward to going. I love going to Tennessee and even though we aren't going to the mountains, it should still be a lot of fun. I'm going as a chaperone and have a great group of kids that I'll be in charge of tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting a lot of good pictures on our trip to put in her scrapbook.



There are moments when it really hits me that she is growing up. She's getting so tall! We were checking and realized that she's grown about 7 inches in the past two years. I think the biggest growth spurt I ever had was growing 3 inches during the school year once. She's so excited about going to middle school next year. I think she's going to have a wonderful time because if there is one thing I've realized about her these past few months - she's fearless. She takes on every task with vibrato. She has a zest for life that keeps me in stitches most afternoons. I'm so glad to be able to spend so much time with her.



Not much else going on. Counting down the time till McDreamy comes on tonight - I hear his new love interest isn't going to last and he and Meredith will be back together soon. And I can't wait to see what's going on with my favorite castaways - I cannot believe The Source doesn't watch the shows! Shame shame shame!



So, until the next time - have a Fantastic Friday!

2 comments:

The Source said...

Oh how I dread middle school! I'm seriously considering home schooling the twins through those years.

And don't pick on me about my choice of tv shows! LOL I can't help it if I'm addicted to Law & Order and CSI re-runs.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

OMG did you not LOVE both Grey's and Lost! So glad they are on the same channel same night! I was losing interest in Grey's but that episode was good!