Sunday, March 16, 2008

The UIC and I had a date tonight. We went out to dinner together and it was so nice. We went to a place that is close by and had a good time just sitting and talking over our meal. Talking about the Doodlebug and how things are going for her at school. We talked about my family. We talked about the horrible tornadoes that hit downtown Atlanta last night. We talked about our future plans, things we would like to do together. He talked about the opening day events at the ball park - he's the U(umpire) I(n) C(hief) for two local Little League associations now so he'll be pretty busy in his down time the next couple of months. Our lives gets so crazy that we try to find little moments of time to sit and talk to one another, so tonight was really a treat for the two of us. Then we went out Easter basket goodies shopping for the Doodlebug. And we picked up a couple of treats to give as prizes at her class party on Friday.

I have racked my brain trying to come up with something that was boy and girl friendly for the class to do. The girls would love a craft from what they've told me, but the boys would be bored to tears so I've decided we're going to have games. I found a site online that generates bingo cards and I printed those out and laminated them at the library Friday afternoon. I attached some diecut 'eggs' to the backs of four cards, so that we'll have four lucky winners at random during the games. I think I may even put a few die cut bunnies under their chairs so that we can have a random winner or two that way. I'm thinking about making them all switch seats during the bingo games - almost like playing the right-left game - but not sure yet. I've got a lot of relay type games that they can do as well but Bingo is usually a hit since they get candy and prizes.

The Doodlebug was one of the Masters of Ceremony at her school's Variety Show last night so I made sure to get pictures of her and the 5th graders who were performing this year. She had a really good time... she doesn't get one bit nervous in front of large crowds. I didn't have that nerve when I was her age! She is also an anchor on their morning news program so about every two weeks she does their newscast and has been having a blast with that this year.

And in other news - did you know that I am married to Garth Brooks twin? LOL The UIC picked up some Garth Greatest Hits CD thing at the store tonight - he's been watching the DVD that came along with it - and I walked in the room and looked at the pictures and said "wow, you really did look like him!" to which he said "remember people used to say that when we'd go to concerts? and that guy kept saying you looked like Trisha Yearwood" - I'll have to find some pictures of us from 'back in the day' to share one day soon!

Until the next time -

The momster

4 comments:

The Source said...

Garth & Tricia...and you wonder why your daughter is comfortable in the spotlight? :) Glad she's feeling better!
It sounds like they're going to have a terrific Easter party. Mine get to take home a bag of candy at the end of the day...since parties cut into "must teach kids to pass state tests" time.

The Momster said...

I think that parties cut into instruction time as well - I have really conflicting feelings about this one. I really think that our school 'parties' too much with the kids..it's a source of constant conversation around this house...

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Oh that's too funny about Garth! I would love to see pictures. My husband and Garth were born same day, same year... I tease him about that one!

The Momster said...

I'll have to dig around and find some pictures of him w/o his mustache....
The Doodlebug told me last night her friend thinks he looks like the guy from "Big and Rich" - obviously now I've gotta look that one up, too!