Sunday, March 2, 2008

Live the Life You've Imagined

I have this quote on my desk...."Live the life you've imagined". It sort of makes me think of the Gandhi quote ..."be the change you want to see in the world". I have a tendency to keep little snippets of quotes around me. Hundreds of post-it notes have been covered in little quotes in my lifetime.

When I think about it - I want to have a positive impact on the lives around me. I want to be a positive influence. It's always been important to me to be a good friend, but I could do better. I try my hardest to be a good wife and mother, but there again, there is much room for improvement.

But it makes you think - are you living the life that you imagined? If you are, that is fantastic. And if not, then what is holding you back?

And on the subject of quotes, did you happen to see Valerie Bertinelli on Oprah? She seems a little kooky to me, but I liked when she read this part from her book :
"There's the weight you see on the scale every morning, and then there's the weight you carry around inside," she says. "One makes you look miserable. The other makes you feel miserable. Beyond the picture I envisioned in my head, I really prayed for a lightness of being."

Just something to think about....

The Momster

1 comment:

Moe said...

hello, i have this habit too, when i hear somethin positive in a movie or anything i keep writin them on anything , and i forget about them, but then when am collectin my stuff, i find them and keep them all together, please take a couple of minutes and visit my blog as am new to this ,and i dont wanna keep posting stuff for myself, .,,thnx