Monday, March 3, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday...

Update: We did not go to Karate and we won't be competing this upcoming weekend either. More information to follow....

Did the Bangles have any idea how right they were with this song's title? What is it about Monday's that seems to make them follow the Murphy's Law of 'if it can happen, it will'?

With that being said, it appears that the Doodlebug is sick. Right in the middle of my Spring Break. Not that I have anything important planned. Work. Clean the house. Catch up on laundry. Actually cook a good meal. But she's sick. And tomorrow is the class picture at school. Now what to do? I don't want her to miss out being in the class picture cuz as crazy as it sounds, I like my class pictures and as a scrapbooker, I find value in those pictures. So what does a crazy mom do?

She calls the school to find out what time the class' picture will be taken. Then she discusses it with the UIC and decides that tomorrow she's going to take the Doodlebug in for her picture and then take her to the Dr. She's not going to 'school' but she'll be there at 10 for the picture. Oh, and did I mention that I'm taking her to Karate tonight?

Yes I am. She has a tournament on Saturday, and since it's her first time, I really want her to be able to participate. It's for the first weapon and she's been working really hard on this. Supposedly it's rare to get to test on a weapon when you are this new, but she's doing an oustanding job with it and her Senei thinks she's ready. So yes, I'll give her some children's Sudafed and take her on out the door.
But all this parenting stuff aside, did you realize that today is Dr Seuss' birthday? Yes, that genius who gave us Whoville and the Grinch and Horton ... Our school celebrated today with the kiddies wearing their hats and we read books. It was great fun.


1 comment:

The Source said...

I hope she's feeling better?! How did the class picture-taking go?