Thursday, February 14, 2008

Truly Blessed

My initial plan today was to post some hokey 80s rock band ballad in honor of Valentine's Day, considering I've been sitting up here listening/watching Youtube this afternoon. But then I went over to Shannon's blog, Rocks In My Dryer, where she has been blogging about her mission trip to Africa. And reading how the people live, about their group's tour through an HIV hospital, about how people have to little and still seem so grateful, reminds me that we have so much.

There is so much to be thankful for, not just at certain times of the year, but all year long. Here are a few of mine:
First and foremost, God - he's off the charts here because everything I have and everything that I will be is all because of Him.
Then here's the rest of the list:
1. My parents - not just for giving me life, but raising me to be the person that I am today.
2. My husband - for supporting me in my beliefs and dreams.
3. My daughter - For loving me and wanting to spend time with me. Some days she's my hero :)
4. Insurance - yes, insurance. I'm grateful that it's there so that when I'm sick, like I have been lately, I can go to the doctor to get better. Because there are people in the world that don't have that option.
5. Our military - I know that the military takes a lot of hits and whether or not you think that we should be involved in the middle east right now, I am thankful for each of the dads, moms, sons, daughters, grandsons and granddaughters, husbands and wives who sign up to serve their nation. Heck, I feel instant guilt when I sign up to be a volunteer at the Doodlebug's school. If it weren't for these people, where would we be?
So just a few thoughts - go and check out Shannon's blog and see what you've got to be truly thankful for too.

Happy Valentine's Day!
The Momster

1 comment:

WomensDaily said...

Perfect post for Valentine's Day!