Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursdays Thoughts

Why is it that you can have the best intentions on doing something, but when it comes right down to it, you can't seem to find the strength and/or will power to finish what you've started?

Case in point: It's the day after the school. The roads are fine so the kids had to go to school. I'm at home today and the only things I've managed to get done are:
1) clean the kitchen and
2) pick up the newspapers from the living room.

That's it - nothing more. And it's not like I don't already have a list of things that I need to do. Heck, I could break out the Pilate's DVD and work on that. I could go and plan a month's worth of meals or finish organizing my craft supplies - but no. My derriere is planted right here in this chair and here I sit with the space heater keeping my toes warm. Instead of doing my own personal 'housecleaning' I've been checking out blogs. Made a few phone calls. And that's it. What is WRONG with me???

So now that I've wallowed in my self pity I think I'm going to get up and go do something productive. Maybe dig my list out of my day planner and actually mark some things off today.

Anybody else have this problem?????

1 comment:

The Source said...

Hello...over here...me. I have the same problem. I just don't want to DO any of this stuff any more. After 20 years of laundry, picking up the same messes and cleaning the kitchen 45 times a day, I'm really sick of it. I don't care if the dishes get up and walk out the front door in protest. Maybe I need vitamins. Cause the hormones aren't making housework look any more appealing.