Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thrilling Thursdays

Today was an odd day at best. I had a great day at work, worked with a wonderful class, all was calm in my little corner of the world. Until....da da da! (creepy musical introduction) I had to deal with the apparent hormones of a pre-teen daughter who seems to be going on 21. Yes, the Doodlebug had a melt down. It was on the way home, after she couldn't find her jacket at school. I don't know about anyone else, but when did this age become so darned dramatic? She was pitiful. I didn't know whether to hug her or be quiet or what. I mean, I was already in a mood over the fact that, while we are trying to teach responsibility so that we are ready for middle school next year, she lost her jacket. What is a mom to do?



Do you ever have those days where you wonder "why me"? Welcome to my afternoon!! We spent so much time on the jacket situation that I didn't have time to come home and cook a 'proper' meal so we went and got a 'gourmet' pizza from the freezer at the store and I fixed that for dinner. But as I am slaving away cooking this meal, I realize two things. We are almost out of cereal and we are in certain danger of being out of milk. So this just sent me OVER THE EDGE. I finally made the declaration to the empty space in the room, because really it's the only thing listening to what I am saying at this point, that my family would eat all the flour and glue in the house! I don't know why, but it drives me crazy! Just cuz there's Shrek cereal in the pantry doesn't mean that it all has to be eaten - right now! Maybe this is another one of those control issues, but good grief! Nothing is safe and I was not about to go back to the store to buy milk and cereal. DH can just suffer this one on his own tomorrow while I'm working.

I am beginning to think that I may never find time again to work on anything crafty. This I hate. I think I need a long session of craft therapy.

No comments: