Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday's Musings


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SMURFS! The Smurfs are officially 50 years old today. Who'da thunk it?

So it's near the end of Monday. It's been a good day. Went to school and nearly froze to death walking across campus this morning. Took my History quiz, which I think I aced. Drove home and frantically stopped in the store to pick up a few things that we needed, rushed home, grabbed a sandwich and went to pick up the Doodlebug.

I don't think I've mentioned it here, but I am listening to the novel "Cold Mountain" on my drive. I'm enjoying the story, although at times it sort of shocks me. I try to relate the description of the landscape to my adventures in the Appalachian Mountains. I try to imagine the severity of the life that was afforded people during the seventeenth century - then I am just grateful to be able to listen to the story from the comfort of my car. I try not to picture Jude Law as Inman and Nicole Kidman as Ada but I do see Renee Zwelleger as Ruby - I cannot wipe that image from my mind.
Other than that, it's been a peaceful Monday and for that I'm grateful. I need to make myself focus more on accomplishing my list of goals that I listed a while back - with going back to school last week, I've sort of gotten off task. Thankfully my friend The Source reminded me of them so I guess I need to dust them off and give it a good southern girl go!
So until next time, I bid you peace and serenity - I'm going off to pray for snow! :)

1 comment:

The Source said...

The Smurfs. I hate the Smurfs. My sister was up at the crack of dawn every Saturday hogging the TV to watch the flippin' Smurfs.

I haven't watched or listened to Cold Mountain. Let me know how you like it. I remember reading Angela's Ashes years ago and being shocked at how desparately hungry they were as children. All the time. Never enough. And cold, wet, sick. It makes me try harder to be thankful all the time for what God has given me.