Monday, January 21, 2008

Manic Monday

Today was an (un)interesting day. The UIC's sleep patterns are sporatic at best which makes for an interesting sleep time. The Doodlebug has a project due tomorrow on Matter...so we have spent a good deal of the night putting the finishing touches on her report so that she can turn it in.

Last night I went to a pampered chef party at my friend Debbie's house. We had a good time and I ordered some really neat things - one that I am most curious about is this Mix'n Masher that looks really cool. I'm anxiously awaiting getting my goodies when they come in. One really cool thing about Pampered Chef that my friend made years ago when I had a party was a microwave cake. You make the cake mix as usual and pour it into their stoneware bundt pan and then you take your frosting and add about 1/2 of the container to the batter - just divide it into 4s into the pan. Pop it in the microwave for 12 to 13 minutes and viola! You have the moistest, yummiest cake you can imagine. It's incredible! Oh and you can use the remaining icing as a glaze - just heat it in the microwave. YUM

Aside from that, not much else going on. Looking forward to getting back into the daily routine even though the local weather cast shows the possibility of a wintery mix tonight. Not sure if it's projected for our area but who knows with the way our weather has been lately! Either way, here are some goals that I have for myself for this week:

1. Wash all the linens/fluff the pillows
2. Buy curtain rods for the living room windows and finally get the drapes back up in place!
3. Deep clean the dishwasher/microwave/self clean the oven/ clean the frig and deep freezer
4. Work on the Disney scrapbook that has been haunting me the past few years!

Aside from that, I'm playing it day by day :)

Until next time....
The Momster

No comments: